Pages

13 March 2010

Carnival mela with Prasad family in NAWADA, BIHAR


Minni, Tissue, Viki, Chapti & I went to the mela and we ran into Mr Ashok who got us on all the rides free and we never waited in one line. We were like VIP. We went around and around and around on all the rides everywhere we went the crowds gathered.I am staying at their house in their village and everyone is so nice and curious. Bihar has become a much safer place in recent years but yet the curse of  the former corrupt minister,Lalu Prasad seems to haunt the tourist trails because here I find myself the lone foreigner and within an unchartered territory, happily so. I was invited here because Minni and Tissue(Ranjit) are artists that I met and collaborated on one performance titled Antarabhava(Bardo of Dreams) in Patna on the Art Karavan.
Rajinder & Saroj Prasad are the father and mother of my new friends here in Nawada.
More pix from the carnival which was full of light, color, blaring Bihari music and the lovely gawking faces of locals.